Friday, July 18, 2008

MFT Times Three!

These little trick-or-treaters are one of my all-time favorite images to stamp with! Halloween is my very favorite holiday. I don't get into the macabre, evil part of the holiday, but I do really enjoy the fun, scary part. It's so much fun decorating the house with 'haunting' things, putting pumpkins everywhere, both inside and outside of our house, and getting ready for the little ones to come to our door asking for goodies. My hubby and I have even been known to get dressed in costumes to hand out treats to the kids----all in good fun! Needless to say, making Halloween-themed cards is great fun for me too! Even though the temps are nearing the 100's right now, my mind is already wandering toward the cool, Fall evenings and anxious for the smell of burning leaves.

I have to admit, I've had this set (Hare for the Holidays, by MFT) for quite some time, and have never used this image. When I finally got this DP, I just couldn't resist pairing up the oranges and greens with this little guy. He's such a cutie! This card turned out to be approximately 4.5 inches square---a nice little size for jotting down a quick note just to say 'Hi'. Everything about the card is pretty self-explanatory, I think.


I found this DP and fell in love with the light blue and chocolate swirls. I decided to use my 'Meet Me at the Cafe' set by My Favorite Things, as it has been neglected too much, and was feeling a bit lonely.The awning is propped up on dimensionals on the lower edge, with the upper edge glued down, to give it an angle to make it appear more realistic. These little ladies are having a wonderful afternoon, sitting and catching up on all the things going on in their lives. Oh, if I could only look this good when I go out to meet my friends for lunch!!:-)I created a Ribbon Blossom---again--I guess when I get ribbon in my hands, it's inevitable that I'm going to have add one to my cards. I just can't help myself! I guess everyone has that special 'something' that they just have to put on their creations.....and a Ribbon Blossom is mine.I hope you like this---thanks so much for looking. Have a wonderful day, everyone!!

8 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your work is always so fabulous!! I love them!!

dpkennedy said...

These are fantastic cards Pam! I especially love the dp you used on the cafe! I need to try making those bows again...love the way you use them!

Dianne said...

Love the Halloween card!!! The colors, the layout, the layers and the RIBBON BLOSSOM!!! I'm hoping at some time you will do another tutorial... Mine are looking better but still pretty much a blob. I'm missing something.
The paper with the bunny card is perfect!!!
Awesome cards!!!

Marie Cramp said...

Super cute. Thanks for the inspiration.

Marie
http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the cards Pam. I always enjoy stopping by to see what you have been up to and you never dissapoint me. well....cough cough, except when you don't post for like two weeks! hehehe

Daisy Chain said...

Stunning cards, love the colours. Ribbon Blossoms gorgeous.

Love Debbie xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh these are all so wicked sweet. Love them.

Lauri said...

I am SO ready for the fall!! Thanks for helping get me in the spirit!